Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Black Bear Camp,
- What is the sexual atmosphere?
- Do I have to be a "bear"?
- Do I have to take my clothes off?
- Do you have any problems with
the neighbors or community?
- How much is your membership
- What's the minimum age?
- What kind of accomodations
do you have?
- What form of payment do you
- Must reservations be prepaid?
- What do I need to bring?
- Can I bring my pet(s)?
- Can I bring my horse?
- Do you sell food or drink?
- Do you allow alcohol?
- Do you have internet access?
- What are the camp rules?
- Do you allow women?
- Do you have a pool?
- Do you have a hot tub?
- Can I play my stereo?
- Can I build a campfire?
- Do you have a mailing list?
Black Bear Camp is a members only
clothing optional retreat for gay or
That depends on who and how many men
are present. We are not a bath
house. Many men come here to rest or chill out. Any sex must be
consensual and must take place in private.
You do not have to be a "bear" to come
to Black Bear Camp.
You do not have to take your clothes
off -- it's optional.
We're on good terms with our
neighbors and with the community.
Our membership prices are:
Premium Membership is optional. You get a camp t-shirt (couples get two
t-shirts). Premium Members prices
are less than the regular prices. On Member Discount weekends, Premium
members get an
additional discount on day passes and accommodations (discounts vary by
membership level). Member weekends fall on the weekend of the
third Saturday of each month.
- Bronze: $1
- Silver: $25 for a single membership, $40 for a couple
- Gold: $250 for a single membership, $400 for couple
- Platinum: $1000 for a single membership, $1250 for
You must be at least 21 years old to
come to Black Bear Camp. We allow
alcoholic beverages and we don't want to have the problem of under-age
- Two private Cabins, each with Queen size bed, satellite
TV, DVD player, AC/Heat, private screened porch
- Screen House: 10x10 screened enclosure with 10x10
- Two private rooms in lodge, each with queen size bed
- One private group room in lodge with two full size
- Four double bunks in Lodge(full size)
- Four single bunks in Lodge(twin size)
- One RV slot (electric & water)
- Numerous primitive tent sites: $5/night extra per night
for additional campers in same tent or for
- Day Passes: from 2 p.m. until midnight on
Friday, 8 a.m. until midnight Saturday and 8 a.m. until sunset (7 p.m.)
- Free tour of camp for first time visitors. Must leave
after tour or pay.
We accept cash and traveler's
checks on arrival. We will accept personal checks only in advance ONLY
- not on arrival (1 week minimum clearance time required). We accept
credit cards though PayPal (email address required). Private Rooms,
Cabins, and RV slots must be paid for in advance.
Reservations for private rooms or
cabins MUST be prepaid or they will not be honored! This is STRICTLY
enforced on holiday and special event weekends when demand for private
rooms and cabins is high. We recommend that all reservations be made at
http://www.blackbearcamp.net/reservation.html so that we can email you
an electronic invoice. Those choosing to make reservations by phone
must immediately mail a check or money order to our PO Box to arrive at
least one week prior to the reservation or the reservation will be
Here is a partial list of things to
- Sheets, blanket and pillows for bunks or cabins
- Air mattress for tent or screen house
- Food, snacks, drinks, cooler
- Toiletries, prescription meds
- Shower shoes or flip-flops for walking on wooden deck
- Sun tan lotion, bug repellent
Only RV campers can bring their pets.
All others must leave their pets
at home. RV campers may walk their dogs on the grounds but must keep
them on a leash and must clean up after them. Our dogs are very
territorial and do not get along with other dogs. This is their home
and we ask guests to respect that.
We get this question occasionally.
Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate
We do not sell food or drink. On
specified holidays, we sometimes have
pot lucks or cookouts.
You may bring alcoholic beverages.
Obnoxious drunks will be asked to
We have 2 computers in the Lodge
with satellite internet access from
HughesNet. These are available for guest use when we are not using them
We also have 802.11g wireless (WiFi) in the Lodge.
The rules are posted at http://www.blackbearcamp.net/rules.html.
We're a men's retreat. Sorry, women
are not allowed except when we rent
the entire camp to groups which include women.
We have an 15 foot diameter above
ground pool surrounded by a raised
sun deck. The pool is open during the summer months.
We have a four man hot tub which is
open year round.
Guests may bring personal music
players but must use head phones so as
not to disturb the other guests. This is a retreat, not a bar in the
woods. Music disturbs the serene atmosphere we try to promote.
Camp fires are allowed in the fire
ring and other designated spots only
when the local area is not under a "NO BURN" order.
To be informed of events at Black Bear
Camp, please join our Yahoo